Sunday, October 28, 2012

Daniel Nash, my Chunky Munk.

A lot of time has passed since my last post, and as it mentioned my life has been changed forever. My beautiful baby boy Nash was born on August 6, 2012 at about 8am. He was my smallest baby yet weighing in at 7lbs 6oz and 19 inches long.
Surgery, as one could imagine,was not my favorite. The spinal block was quite painful and scary, and they didn't allow Danny to come with me to receive it. A lot of screams and moans were heard, (I pity the Doc that has to deal with my drama) but once Danny came into the OR I felt much better. The meds as usual made me very nauseous and I felt sickness coming on, the Doc tied my arms down throughout the operation which was almost comical but mostly irritating. "Come on boys, this isn't my first rodeo." They didn't care. Anyway, the nausea wore off and Neil Young sang me into a stupor as they pulled and prodded to get that baby boy out. Moments later for the first time ever I was able to hold my amazing beautiful perfect baby immediately after birth. I cried like a Libby and couldn't believe the reality that I was facing once again.
I enjoyed 4 days in  the hospital just baby and me getting lots of one-on-one time and rest. Eddy and Olive were so excited to meet their new brother and they have been amazing with him. Truly amazing. They are both so sweet and loving toward him and he LOVES them too.
It has been almost three months since Nash joined our family and though I was terrified to bring another life into this world, I tell you now it is the best thing that could have happened. Nash could not have come at a better time. He has brought so much peace and joy that seemed unattainable not too long ago. Who knew a baby could make things all better?
Before I had Olive I remember asking my mom how she could love her next kid as much as her first and so on. She told me that your heart just opens up and grows to a point that you didn't know love even existed. I now know that kind of love exists.

3 comments:

LD said...

I am glad you posted! You are such a rock star. Why aren't we next door neighbors right now, so are kids could play together every day. Glad Nash is here, did you post a pic? My computer is not pulling it up if so.....

Sarah B said...

I totally just cried watching that video! Im so glad that you're loving your Nash. You are both beautiful!

Melinda said...

I love you and your beautiful children!