Tuesday, January 31, 2012

9 years

I cannot believe Danny and I have been married for 9 years. We met way back in 1999. It was the summer before my Senior year and I went with my friend Carly to temple square to meet some guy she had talked to on the phone but never actually met in person. We were standing on South Temple when I heard this loud vibrating car drive in front of us. I saw a boy and thought to myself, "that boy is fine" little did I know that boy was Danny.

We met in a grandiose manner, within the first 5 minutes the three of us were doing a huge circle hug dance and inviting strangers to join us. We ended up all getting into my car and cruising down town for a few hours. Not just any few hours but literally some of the funnest hours of my life up to that point. We were doing Chinese fire drills, Danny climbed onto the roof of the car, we were yelling at strangers on State Street and got in a water balloon fight with some random car.

That night I went home and wrote in my journal about the great night. I wrote about how much fun we had had, about how I had never laughed so hard, and then as a young teenage girl would do; I proclaimed my love for this new stranger and stated in my journal that I would marry him.
Intense, I know but apparently The Secret works.

So here we are 9 years later. Who would have thought? Lets hope year 10 we are celebrating somewhere amazing and relaxing on the beach.

But if not I still Love you Danbo, you are way better than Rambo.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!! I've always thought you two were the cutest couple!!