Monday, February 13, 2012

Best kind of mail

This is a letter from my nephew Bridger who is serving a mission in Des Moines, Ioah. After reading this I couldnt help but share it. He wrote it to a family friend (who sells security systems) and forwarded it on to the family. I hope it brightens your day as it has mine!

Tell C. that i have a product that i would like to offer him. Tell him I will install it for free, and tell him he has an unlimited timeopportunity to try out our product and see if he likes it, but first a little bit about the product, this product is the greatest security system in the world, and it protects the one thing that nothing else can, your spirit. Throughout this life there will be robbers trying toget in. Such as drugs, alcohol, women, and immorality, but if you install this system it will not only keep these things out but it will invite in all things that are virtuous of good report or praise worthy.This Product is called the Armor of God. What is the Armor of God? Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand againstthe wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be ableto withstand in the evil day. …Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and havingon the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.” (Eph. 6:11–18.)How do we obtain the Armor of God and what will it cost me? The Amor of God is held within the pages, precepts and teachings of the Book of Mormon.When i was about 8 years old i had an experience that changed my life,the night before I had been up all night with Lincoln and our Cousin Nicole the whole night watching scary movies, and afterwards we were sent off from Aunt Lories, to Cameron and Sarahs to spend the night. That night every one of those scary movies somehow found its way intomy head and i thought for a surety that something was there and that something was going to get me. After about half an hour of crying and wishing that my parents were there then i began to creep up the stairs towards Cameron and Sarahs room, checking around ever corner to make sure it was safe on my way. When i got to Cameron and Sarahs room i was too proud to wake them up and tell them i was scared. So naturally i just went and sat in corner and cried, that had gone on for about 5minutes when something told me to go to the kitchen. I ignored it fora minute because i didnt want to leave my safe little corner of the room but the thought in my head persisted. "Go to the Kitchen" it told me. So slowly and stubbornly i moved towards the kitchen. As i peeked my head around the opening into the kitchen there on the Kitchen table was my Uncle Camerons copy of the Book of Mormon. "Pick it up"something seemed to tell me. And so i did. As i grabbed hold of the Book of Mormon the Spirit washed over me in what i can only describe as the Pure and Perfect love that i knew my father in heaven had for me, and i KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that i would be ok. I then went and layed back down on the couch and went to bed. I have sleptwith my Book of Mormon every night since that day, and because of that i have always known that my father in heaven loves me. The Introductiont to the Book of Mormon States We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the EternalFather, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)So what does it Cost. You have to Pick it up and then you have to read it.What will happen if you do? What will you gain?In the Introduction in then goes on to say. Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah. In other words it will bring you unto your, and i mean YOUR father in heaven who loves you and wants to see you again, and that you can see him again and that you can live with him again someday, in glory and with your family, or in other words it will give you everything! I doso testify in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Tell Him that if he does not like the product that uninstallation is free of charge, but tell him that i am VERY confident in our product and that like any product, you cant know the true benefits from its use until you have tried it. Tell him i love him and that, his heavenly father does too.Tell the family hello, and tell them that Its all true.
Love Bridger

4 comments:

JDM said...

Awesome.

Matt and Brooke said...

I like this!

Melinda said...

So great! What a good boy!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.