Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Happenings

Fall is here, thought it leads to winter I have enjoyed it. I have been pretty crappy at updating the happenings in our life as I have been one busy lady. So here are a few snippets of time over the last 2 months. Of course, I will only be posting the fun things to give the illusion that our lives are filled with nothing but ice cream and butterflies, but be not dismayed it's just a blog; and who wants to hear about the other crap anyway, right?

To begin: We enjoyed Boeuf Bourguignon
a production made possible by our friends Dewayne and Weston. When we arrived at 5 there were still 3 hours left on the timer and it was worth the wait. The evening was my favorite kind of get together with great conversation around the kitchen table, a small group of people you care about, and amazing food. I am hoping for a few more nights like of cold weather with more of you people I care about.

We have enjoyed Lagoon to the fullest. Is is our Saturday activity. We will be purchasing passes again next year, its the best money we have ever spent.


Olive had a birthday complete with all the girly necessities she requires, from a purse, to lipstick to a vacuum and a little kitchenette. She truly is the girliest girl I know, she spends most of her days walking around waving her arm like a fan saying; "I'm a princess, I'm a princess!" over and over. She LOVES to sing, dance, and entertain. She will have you sit down, stand on her little step and say, "watch mom, watch." Then she will begin to sing a song made up on the spot that goes something like, "I'm a bad guy, I'm a bad guy, no I'm not, I'm a princess, I'm a pretty princess, baby baby baby oh yeah!" What a treat to hang out with her all day.
We also got one last beach day in September, they are the days that bring me the most joy. There is nothing I would EVER rather do than sit on a beach all day long especially with these babes.


I have been taking biotin and actually seeing results, I don't think my hair has ever been this long, the only bummer part is that it's 3 inches shorter on the sides, yes I am rocking a mullet. Oh yeah, and its brown. Lots of people tell me that they love my hair brown but I don't get it. I use to go brown every fall and within a month I'd be back to blond. Last year I didn't change it, but this year I was swayed and now I am counting down the days until I can lighten it up again. BLAH is all I can say.


Eddy is now only allergic to peanuts and beef! I am so happy, 2 years ago he was living off of rice and chicken, now he can have bread, milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt, mac and cheese, and most other normal kid food. SO GREAT!


We have gone pumpkin crazy. Pats pumpkin patch is our yearly deal, we have already carved 6 pumpkins, Eddy wants to carve a new one every day, he loves Halloween and cannot wait to dress up as Darth Vader. Every day he says, "I want to go to Halloween!" I think we will make a countdown chain tomorrow.


Lastly and most importantly my nephew Bridger went on his mission this week. He is the first Berthold in our family to go on a mish and therefore it's kind of a really big deal. Such a big deal that everyone who has ever known Bridger was there to support him at his farewell. At the luncheon over 500 dinner plates were used, it was crazy chaos but great to see so much support. We will all miss him especially little miss JJ. Our family is going through Bridger withdrawls, but we are so EXCITED for him and this wonderful opportunity. What an amazing experience for us all, the blessings have already begun.


(That Bridg on the far left)

HAPPY FALL!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Glad to see a nice, thorough update. It's been toooo long and I miss the Switzers.
I want to get Lagoon passes next year too! Lagoon-A-Beach that is! ;)