Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And the Award Goes to...

Chris Brown!??! Seriously? Yes. If you missed the Grammy's this year, fear not you didn't miss much. Though I typically look forward to award season all year long this years Grammy's did not impress. Chris not only won an award he also performed more than once. Though I am a fan of some of his songs I am not a fan of thisand I think he deserves a to be shunned just a bit.

Some of my other not so favorite moments included Nicki Minaj's performance. Typically a fan, but not this time. Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson performed the same song at 2 awards ceremonies LAST YEAR. Paul McCartney tried to promote a new song. LAME. And overall it was just not a great show. Adelle won everything which leaves no surprises, but I LOVED Bruno Mars and The Civil Wars, and Jennifer Hudson sang a great tribute to Whitney. Other than that Im hoping that the CMA's will aim to impress. My lucky sister Rachel will be enjoying them live along with a pre-show concert and a post party. That lucky LADY!

Now my very favorite part of the Grammy's was the Grammy Nomination Concert that aired months previous. If you missed that then you missed one of my 'likes' Lady Gaga perform with one of my 'loves' Jennifer Nettles.

Enjoy!

No comments: